Our professional staff provides crucial support for our mission and goals, and we appreciate their contributions to our continuing success. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Legal Assistant – Coats & Bennett, PLLC, is a full-service intellectual property law firm providing patent, trademark, copyright, licensing, trade secret services, and all levels of IP litigation and dispute resolution in federal and state courts. The award-winning attorneys at Coats & Bennett, PLLC, have been repeatedly recognized for their exemplary service to clients locally and worldwide. We are looking for a full time Legal Assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in preparing and assembling applications/documents for U.S. and foreign filings, including responses to Office Actions, new application filings, U.S. filing of foreign originating applications, responses to missing parts, information disclosure statements, etc.
- Assist attorneys with infringement matters, and copyright trademark registrations
- E-file U.S. patent applications
- Proofread all documents prior to filing
- Administratively support up to three attorneys
- Communicate with clients regarding patent prosecution matters
- Assist with the issuance of opinions, letters, and other correspondence
- Conduct legal research to support opinion work
- Transcribe complex technical and legal dictation within designated deadlines
- Perform other administrative duties as required
- Provide extensive administrative support including coordination of meetings and travel schedules
It is preferred that candidates have two years of legal experience. Prior experience in patent filing and prosecution activities is a plus. Must be pro-active, able to work as part of a team, organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, eager to learn, have a solid work history, and a strong desire to build a career. Proficiency in MS Office Suite is a must. Competitive salary based on experience.
Attractive benefits package including PTO, health, dental, life, short and long-term disability, flex spending account and 401(k).
Interested candidates should send their resume and salary requirements to:
“When I started working at Coats & Bennett as a file clerk, I knew I wanted to pursue a career in the law field. Since then, I have learned so much of what goes into the process of law, and more specifically, how the intellectual property industry operates. I am now working as a paralegal, using the knowledge and skills I’ve acquired throughout my time here to best assist our clients’ needs.”