- Patents – Counseling, Prosecution and Appeals
- Post Grant Proceedings – Inter Partes Review and Reexaminations
- Patents – Due Diligence, Freedom to Operate, Opinion Work
- Patent Litigation
Krista Contino Saumby
Senior Associate Attorney *
*Licensed in MN & CA. Not licensed in NC.
Ms. Contino Saumby has represented clients involved in digital signal processing, computer hardware, semiconductors and semiconductor processing, mobile devices, communications protocols, databases, e-commerce applications, business methods, medical devices, automotive mechanical devices, musical instruments, and design patents.
Prior to joining Coats + Bennett, Ms. Contino Saumby served at the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit the first law clerk to the Hon. Jimmie V. Reyna. She has prepared and prosecuted both patent applications and reexaminations as an associate at major law firms and as a solo practitioner. Ms. Contino Saumby worked on teams for both ITC and district court patent litigation matters. She worked with major corporations in areas including reexaminations, freedom to operate analyses, and opinions. Ms. Contino Saumby has experience handling trademark prosecution and licensing. She worked at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a patent examiner in the interactive video distribution systems art unit.
Before attending law school, Ms. Contino Saumby was an electrical process engineer for Procter & Gamble and then ran a consulting business specializing in web-based marketing and technical writing, with clients along the eastern seaboard from Boston to Tampa.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 2007
- Honors: cum laude
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- B.S. – 1999
- Major: Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Hispanic National Bar Association Top Lawyers under 40
- HCCM 20 on the Rise
- Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association Service Award
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence In the Study of Intellectual Property Law