- Patents – Counseling, Prosecution and Appeals
- Post Grant Proceedings – Inter Partes Review and Reexaminations
- General IP Litigation
Senior Associate Attorney
Brandee Woolard specializes in patent prosecution and litigation proceedings related to telecommunication, networked, and software technologies. She enjoys working with inventors to advance their ideas through the Patent Office. She also has a strong interest in protecting the value of those patents through proceedings within the Patent Office designed to ensure the validity of patents, including reexaminations and inter partes proceedings.
She believes that clients are best served when their attorneys are experienced in a variety of intellectual property protection mechanisms and proceedings. She works to stay experienced and knowledgeable in the evolving areas of patent, trademark and copyright law, and serves as a Lecturing Fellow at Duke University School of Law teaching on intellectual property issues for start-ups.
She enjoys spending time with her daughter, son and husband and benefiting from all the recreational amenities and greenway trails that the triangle has to offer.
- North Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Lecturer, Intellectual Property Issues for Start-Ups, Duke University School of Law
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- Juris Doctor – 2014
- Honors: cum laude
- NC State University
- Honors: Graduated Valedictorian of her Class
- Honors: Active Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Honors: Board, Society of Women Engineers
- Honors: Chair, Service Raleigh
- Honors: Recipient, Park Scholarship
- Major: Electrical Engineering